Saturday 3rd July 2021
10am – 4pm
Online Training Day
This workshop will be delivered via Zoom
and joining details will be sent in
the week prior to the event.
The effect of the pandemic on the level of self-harm has yet to be established, however recent years have seen steep increases in rates reported, particularly among children and young people. For the practitioner, self-harm can be difficult to understand and emotionally draining. This one-day training is designed for counsellors and trainee counsellors working with children and young people under the age of 25, who seek a clear route to understanding and greater confidence when working with this highly emotive issue.
This interactive online workshop will include:
- Types of self-harm – thinking outside the box
- Risk factors and assessment
- Managing disclosures
- Physical factors, fashion or fad
- Why? Motivation, meaning and psychological themes
- Self-harm in a theoretical framework
- Treatment in the therapy room – self-harm to self-healing