Only 3 interview spaces remaining
This course is open to all counsellors trained to a minimum of Level 4 in any modality, with at least two years’ post qualification experience and 450 hours of supervised client hours (including those gained whilst a student counsellor), who are receiving supervision for a minimum of 1.5 hours per month and are a member of a counselling professional body.
Please contact Carol Belsey, Courses Director to request an informal interview. Interviews will be held via Zoom and will last 30-45 minutes.
Interviews will be held on
17th April 2021
15th May 2021
Counsellors will be invited to the course following a successful interview and booking forms will be made available at that stage.
This Course aims to provide a clear and relevant understanding of the professional knowledge and skills needed to be an effective counselling supervisor within the changing and diverse environment of present day counselling and psychotherapy.
The course will incorporate the key counselling supervision skills highlighted in the BACP Counselling Supervision Curriculum Framework and, whilst the course will concentrate on working with difference on the eighth training day, we will consider equality, inclusion and diversity throughout the course to enable our learners to effectively build their practice in counselling supervision in line with the current expectations of the profession.
Using both theory and practical activities, the course will encourage individual and group learning and will be ideal for those who recognise the importance of experiential and practical learning (Skills practice will take place in Zoom break out groups).
Participants will be expected to take responsibility of their own learning. Our facilitator will use communicative education techniques throughout and participants must be willing to engage with all the group members during all group activities, to further advance all participants’ learning, as practice time is built into every session and assessment is carried out throughout the course.
A minimum of 80% attendance of the 10 online study days
At the beginning of the course:
- A copy of your Level 4 or above core training certificate
- A copy of your Professional Body membership
- A log showing all supervision undertaken in the last year
- A letter from your current supervisor/s to say you have attend a minimum of 1.5hrs of supervision per month and they feel you are ready to progress to this training. Please note: Our Courses Director will contact your supervisor to request his letter.
- A log showing total client hours (450 minimum requirement. Please indicate those before qualification and those since) or your BACP Accreditation certificate.
- A portfolio which contains:
- Three 3000 word pass marked assignments
- A log showing a minimum of 40 hours counselling supervision practice with at least two supervisees (not seen as a pair)
- A log showing a minimum of 10 hours of consultative supervision with a suitably qualified supervisor
- A letter from your supervisor confirming you have attended a minimum of 10 hours of consultative supervision to explore your work with supervisees and stating that sufficient growth in the role and learning has been demonstrated for the learner to pass the course. Please note: Our Courses Director will contact your supervisor to request this letter.
Total contact with facilitator per day 4.5 hours
45 contact hours
Additional private study to be undertook before each study day 3 hours
In addition counsellors will be expected to commit at least 20 hours in assignment preparation and optional background reading.
“You don’t know what you don’t know about being a Supervisor until you have attended this course”
“Care and thought was given to the individual needs of the participants creating a warm and inclusive atmosphere”
“This course really broadened my thinking and knowledge and pushed me out of my comfort zone. I now feel well equipped to begin offering supervision. The course is great value for money and I know it will enable me to gain paid employment.”
” The intellectual challenge has been a delight and the course has been a perfect combination of theory and practice.”
“This Level 6 course gave me confidence and further understanding to develop my own practice as a counsellor”.
“I found the discussions around diversity, equality and inclusion particularly useful and attending this course has been a joy.”
“I would highly recommend CB Counsellor Training, Our course was most definitely value for money”.
“The course exceeded my expectations – I have really travelled in terms of confidence and knowledge.”
“This has been a significant and joyful part of this year’s journey for me and has re-ignited my enthusiasm for my future as a counsellor and supervisor.”
“CV-19 affected every corner of the globe but for me the tutor and course director remained compassionate and professional, guiding the group during great adversity. Information was readily available and both were accessible . They were there to support me whenever I felt stuck”.
“Despite Cv-19 counselling and clinical supervision remained the focus of the course and I feel my work benefitted as a consequence”
“You could not want for a more comfortable and welcoming learning environment”
“It was particularly useful to be able to share thoughts and ideas with other counsellors and learn form their work”
“This course more than met my expectations”
“Taking the time to learn the ethics and understand practising as a supervisor and how to use supervision has enhanced my self-awareness and my work as a counsellor”.
“The course saw me become more reflective on my own practise with clients and supervisees and highlighted areas I need to research or gain knowledge on. It has made me more aware of the whole social concept that needs to be taken into consideration and the importance of keeping up to date with relevant policies and understanding”