- 150g finely sliced fresh rhubarb
- 310g self raising flour, sifted
- 250g caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- 2 eggs at room temperature, lightly beaten
- 125g (1/2 cup) plain yoghurt
- 1/2 tablespoon rosewater
- 125g unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 180degC (350F/Gas 4). Lightly grease a 23cm (9 nch) round cake tin and line base with baking paper.
- Combine the rhubarb, flour and sugar in a bowl. Add the vanilla egg, yoghurt, rosewater and melted butter stirring until the mixture is just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the cake tin and bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Leave in the tin for 15 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve with yoghurt or cream.