- 100g cold unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 100g plain flour, plus extra for flouring
- pinch salt
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 heaped tsp mustard powder
- 50g finely grated mature cheddar
- 50g finely grated parmesan – plus a little extra
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Place the butter and flour into the bowl of a food processor with the salt, cayenne, mustard powder and cheeses. Either use your hands to combine the ingredients into
bread crumbs or a food processor to pulse the mixture.
- The mixture will then come together and bind.
- Wrap in cling film and leave to chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Gently roll out the pastry onto flour surface to about half a centimetre.
- Cut out the biscuits to the size and shape you wish stars etc.
- Lay them out on a lightly greased baking tray.
- Carefully brush the surface of each biscuit with the egg and sprinkle over a little finely grated parmesan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
Carefully lift the biscuits off the tray and place on a rack to cool.